A blueprint for increasing ethnic diversity in volunteer leadership.
Project Blueprint is a leadership development program with the goal of increasing the number of ethnic diverse volunteers providing leadership for the boards of Lehigh Valley non-profit agencies. It is designed to help these organizations develop boards that are more inclusive, responsive and reflective of the culturally diverse communities they serve. Project Blueprint develops knowledgeable and trained leadership volunteers who can most effectively help agencies meet the new and emerging needs of our community.
This six session program covers the following topics:
· Why board service? Functions & responsibilities
· Board activities / fulfilling board functions
· Diversity on a board & characteristics of effective leadership
· Understanding of non profit finances and legal issues
· Understanding philanthropic fundraising and the board’s role
· Speed Networking—getting connected in the community
2018 Class Dates and Details Coming Soon. NEW FOR 2018- Board Meeting Visits
For more information on the program, please contact Karen at 610-807-0336.